What Does "Designer Vagina" Mean?
You may have heard the term "Designer Vagina." It's so misleading because many of these procedures are often done for comfort, functional and/or medical reasons. For instance, many women come to Dr. Hailparn wanting a labiaplasty who are suffering pain, chafing, discomfort, irritation, or tearing and can't have sex or pursue many sports. They often experience psychological distress as a result of their insecurity caused by their large or uneven labia minora. Fears about their labia stop some from wearing bikinis or having a relationship. The term "Designer Vagina" makes it all seem so vain and trivial. As you can see, it's not.
Designer Vagina Definition
However, "Designer Vagina" is still out there and refers to elective, cosmetic procedures that include the aesthetic surgical enhancement of the vulvar structures, labia minora, labia majora, mons pubis, perineum, introitus and hymen to achieve the patient's desired outcome where feasible. (Explanation of female anatomy terms here).
Here are additional procedures performed at the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio. All procedures offered to our patients can be done alone or in combination with other procedures.
Designer Vagina - Labiaplasty, Hymenoplasty, Mons Pubis Liposuction and More
Labiaplasty (Labia Reduction) can sculpture the elongated or unequal labial minora (small inner lips) according to one's specification. Some women do not want the small inner lips to project beyond the large outer lips. This can be accomplished with labiaplasty. Our labiaplasty techniques can also reconstruct conditions that are due to the aging process, childbirth trauma, or injury. The hyperpigmented ends (darkened edges) of the labia minora can also be removed providing a youthful, asthetic look and uniform coloration if the patient desires this. Read more about labiaplasty, labia surgery.
Clitoral Hood Reduction (prepuce reduction, hoodectomy): Excess skin on the sides of the clitoris may reduce sensitivity and/or cause the clitoris area to appear uneven or enlarged. A labiaplasty may also result in this excess prepuce tissue appearing bunched up, so it’s not unusual for women getting a labiaplasty to also have a clitoral hood reduction (prepuce reduction) at the same time.
Reduction Labiaplasty of the Labia Majora (large outer lips): The large protruding or sagging labia majora can be sculptured to produce an aesthetically pleasing result. This sagging process can result from childbirth, weight loss/ weight loss surgery, or aging. Go here for information on labia majora reduction aka labia majoraplasty.
Augmentation Labiaplasty of Labia Majora can provide enhanced and more taught, streamlined, less saggy labia majora by using ThermiVA which can stimulate collagen.
Perineoplasty can rebuild and resupport the relaxed or aging perineum. It can also enhance the sagging labia majora (large outer lips) and labia minora. The procedure can tighten the vaginal opening muscles and improve sexual and bowel function.
Hymenoplasty (reconstruction of the hymen) can repair the torn hymen. The Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio is sensitive to the needs of women from all cultures that embrace these particular issues because of cultural, social, or religious reasons. Learn more about hymenoplasty. Watch hymenoplasty video.
Mons Pubis Liposuction for the aesthetic reduction of the prominent or protruding mons pubis and labia majora. Vulvar Lipoplasty can remove unwanted fat from the mons pubis and upper parts of the labia majora. See mons pubis liposuction before and after pictures.
- The O-Shot may be the shot your love life needs. Women who have had this 20-minute in-office procedure report stronger, more intense, more frequent orgasms. (Read about the O-Shot.)
- ThermiVA can tighten the vagina without surgery. It's a radiofrequency machine used in the office. No down-time or recovery. You can go off to work or have sex the very same day as you have the procedure. Dr. Hailparn recommends a series of three treatments for maximum effecitiveness. ThermiVA also reduces urinary incontinence and vaginal dryness. Go here for complete ThermiVA information.
Combining Procedures Listed Under "Designer Vagina"
Combination of Vaginal Rejuvenation with Labiaplasty: Vaginal Rejuvenation, labiaplasty, hymenoplasty or any of the above procedures can be performed in combination. They can also be performed with most other cosmetic surgery such as liposculpturing, breast implants, breast reduction, tummy tuck, nose surgery, and eyelid surgery. (Dr. Hailparn is not a plastic surgeon and does not perform these procedures. She is happy to refer you to a board-certified plastic surgeon or work with the surgeon of your choice.) If you have further questions, please call us at 210-615-6646 or use our contact form.
Additional Designer Vagina Articles
- Designer Vaginas: Surgery to Rejuvenate Love Lives
- Women are having designer vagina surgery, such as vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty and hymenoplasty, to rejuvenate their love lives.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation Reviews
- Dr. Hailparn's patients provide reviews of their vaginal rejuvenation surgery experience.
- Labiaplasty Reviews
- Read these labiaplasty reviews from some of Dr. Hailparn's actual patients.
- Media Interviews with Dr. Hailparn
- Read other media articles featuring Dr. Hailparn and her patients discussing vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty and hymenoplasty. Watch vaginal rejuvenation, labiaplasty and hymenoplasty videos here.
- Hits: 21435