What is Vaginal Rejuvenation (Vaginoplasty)?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is a general term that refers to surgical procedures to help tighten and support the vagina and its structures.¹ (Explanation of female anatomy) It is also referred to as laser vaginal rejuvenation, female genital plastic surgery, aesthetic vaginal surgery, vaginoplasty or laser vaginoplasty surgery. This surgery is designed to tighten the inside of the vaginal canal and the vaginal opening.
Vaginal Rejuvenation is the most common cosmetic gynecology procedure requested by our patients. At the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio, Dr. Troy Hailparn has performed over 2,500 vaginal rejuvenation surgeries since 2003. Women generally seek vaginal rejuvenation for two reasons:
- to resolve the symptoms related to pelvic relaxation (cystocele and rectocele. In regards to urinary incontinence, at the consult, your symptoms, concerns and anatomy will be assessed, and Dr. Hailparn will make recommendations accordingly.)
- to enhance or improve sexual function ².
After childbirth, some women find their vagina doesn't feel or function the same as before they had children. One of our vaginal rejuvenation patients described it this way:
"After two children, I had serious incontinence problems. My vagina had that 'flippy-floppy' feeling. I could barely feel anything. Sex was just not the same."
Other Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation
Maybe you've had children and are suffering with:
- feeling of wide/loose vagina
- feeling of smooth vagina
- decreased sensation or friction with sexual intercourse
- large vaginal opening or problems with tampons falling out
- scar tissue at the vaginal opening or perineum
- gas-like noises during intercourse
- bowel movement issues
Vaginal rejuvenation can address these and other issues and many women who have had vaginal rejuvenation surgery ("vaginoplasty") express great relief after having the procedure.
Cost of Vaginal Rejuvenation
Vaginal rejuvenation surgery can cost between $5-9,000. Most times, it is not covered or fully covered by insurance. You can read more about payment options here.
Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgical, Non-Surgical Options
To get the best results, some women may require vaginal rejuvenation surgery while others can find significant symptom relief through ThermiVA, a non-surgical, painless, high-tech radio frequency device used in the office (read more about ThermiVA for vaginal rejuvenation). Schedule a consultation online or call us at 210-615-6646 to see what would be best for you.
More Vaginal Rejuvenation Information
- Vaginal Rejuvenation Reviews
- Dr. Hailparn's patients provide reviews of their vaginal rejuvenation surgery experience.
- Pelvic Relaxation Symptoms and Treatment
- Childbirth, aging and other things can contribute to problems with vaginal structures. Read more about pelvic relaxation.