Labiaplasty Gone Wrong. Here's Why.
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after low pricing is forgotten!" ~ Leon M. Cautillo
At the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio, we have seen our fair share of women with a botched labiaplasty from another doctor. Unfortunately, in our experience, it is not uncommon.
When labiaplasty has gone wrong, the patient receives less than desirable results. Many times, Dr. Hailparn can repair a botched labiaplasty, but remember, once the labia are cut, there is no putting them back. That's why it's so important to select a skilled, experienced surgeon with expertise in labiaplasty. Dr. Hailparn has performed nearly 800 labiaplasties since her specialty training in 2003 (Read more about Dr. Hailparn's labiaplasty training and experience).
What Causes A Bad Labiaplasty?
When patients with a bad labiaplasty come to Dr. Hailparn for a labiaplasty repair, they've usually been to an unqualified, inexperienced plastic surgeon or gynecologist who did the first labia reduction surgery after showing them a few pictures (To compare, Dr. Hailparn's before and after labiaplasty picture books include hundreds of photos of her actual patients). A patient may talk to the doctor who says "I do these procedures" and/or offers a very low or "good price". The end result may not only be physical damage to the labia, but psychological damage to the patient as well. Take a look at these before and after pictures of labiaplasty gone wrong.
We want to emphasize that, at this time, there are relatively few doctors across the United States, even the world, who have the knowledge, skill and experience to perform a high-quality, aesthetically pleasing labiaplasty, or the additional procedures in conjunction with a labiaplasty that may be needed to get the correct and desired results.
If you've had a labiaplasty gone wrong and are looking to repair a bad or botched labiaplasty, call us at 210-615-6646 or contact the Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio (formally the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute of San Antonio) for information or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hailparn. Women from San Antonio, across Texas, the United States and around the world come to see Dr. Troy Robbin Hailparn because of her reputation as a specially trained, knowledgable, skilled and highly experienced labiaplasty surgeon and cosmetic gynecologist.
Don’t Let Your Labiaplasty Go Wrong
- What is Labiaplasty?
- Explanation of labiaplasty. Plus who's a good candidate for labia surgery? How much does labiaplasty cost? See before and after labiaplasty photos, and find out why it's so important to pick the right doctor.
- Labiaplasty Reviews
- Read these labiaplasty reviews from some of Dr. Hailparn's actual patients.
- Labiaplasty Surgery: Why Women Want Labia Reduction Surgery
- Some women want labiaplasty surgery for purely aesthetic reasons, while others have medical or functional issues that need to be addressed.
- What is a Clitoral Hood Reduction, Hoodectomy?
- When getting a labiaplasty, some women also ask for a clitoral hood reduction, aka hoodectomy. Discover what that's about.